FemmeToxic is looking for a intern to work on translation!
FemmeToxic is looking for a passionate, independent and organized intern to work on translation. The main tasks of the intern will be: to translate emails, articles and presentations from English to French, to represent FemmeToxic in French at events and in meetings, to attend committee meetings with other interns and to maintain a strong knowledge of the work being done by other interns and content of the campaign.
Bilingualism is required. Strong communication and writing skills are also required. An intern with an activist background, and/or with the interest to actively engage youth in campaign building is desirable. Experience will social media (Facebook, Twitter, and blogging), is an asset.
This position is part time, with flexible hours, depending on applicant’s availability.
This position is unpaid; however we are willing to act in a supervisory capacity if the intern is eligible for academic credit through the internship position.
Career Development that will be acquired through this position:
· Public engagement – by facilitating workshops, conducting outreach and engaging
· Communication – by writing and editing promotional plans, communication material and resource production
· Teamwork – by working in small teams to accomplish tasks, including working with other organizations in partnership
· Problem-solving – by assessing situations and developing creative solutions to challenges
· Responsibility – by establishing personal goals, seeking additional support when needed, and meeting regularly with supervisor and colleagues, to achieve all goals
· Adaptability – by multi-tasking to fulfill the work plan
To Apply: Please send cover letter and CV by email to: Rosanne Cohen / Executive Director (Breast Cancer Action Montreal) firstname.lastname@example.org
*** Reminder: This is an unpaid internship but fabulous experience!